We hope this letter finds you and your family safe and healthy. Our community has been through a lot over the last couple of months, and as we transition to the new normal, there’s one thing that has not changed: Our dedication and commitment to your dental and overall health & safety.
Infection control and sterilization at Kips Bay Dental has always been a top priority in our office. In light of the current situation, we have been working tirelessly to further adapt our infection control protocols in order to ensure the safety and comfort of every patient. Our office strictly follows the recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We will continue to follow the activities of these agencies so that we remain up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
We are excited to be able to reopen our doors as of Sunday June 7, 2020 and return to serving you and your families with the dental care you have become accustomed to. We are all in this together and we want to let you know what we are doing in anticipation of resuming patient care.
Below is a list of some of the changes you will experience upon your arrival for your next appointment:
- We are lengthening patient appointments to accommodate all of our patients and limit the amount of people in the office at any one time. This will allow us to deliver care to you as well as maintain a safe distance from one another.
- Our waiting room and reception area will be free of people. Please call the office or text us upon arrival from your car in the parking lot.
- We kindly request that you wear a mask and use our touchless hand sanitizer when entering our office. We are pre-screening both patients and staff with Wellness Questionnaires relating to COVID-19, taking Temperature Scans with a touchless infared thermometer, and checking blood oxygen levels with our Pulse Oximeter to ensure we have healthy people in our office.
- Our staff will be equipped with the latest Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and will adhere to Universal Precautions with gloves, masks, faceshields, gowns, and more.
- Our entire office will be equipped with new state of the art Specialized Medical-Grade Air Filters which provide True HEPA 13 filtration technology for superior airborne particle removal and purification.
- We are utilizing a new High Suction Evacuation system chairside, known as DryShield, to reduce aerosol production, minimize the risk of infection, and provide ultimate comfort for the patient.
- Between patients we will be using an Aquaox HOCl Disinfectant Spray in the treatment rooms and hallways to completely purify the air and surfaces, which is a safe, effective, and environmentally friendly disinfectant.
- We have installed a Plexiglass Guard barrier at the front desk, and upgraded our payment system that will allow for your receipt to be emailed directly though the credit card terminal.
- We are fortunate to have designed our office in such as way where we are using a completely Paperless System to allow your forms to be completed in the comfort of your own home prior to your appointment. It is imperative to utilize this system to ensure the safety of you, your family, and our staff.
- We will continue to offer remote Virtual Consultations through phone and email and triage emergency situations to help minimize unnecessary visits for you.
We understand that many of these changes are new and create many uncertainties, but as we progress into the future, rest assured Kips Bay Dental will go above and beyond to keep you and your family safe. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of patient care, and we will continue to serve you with the best technology and protection in our field.
We miss you all, and can’t wait to see you soon.
Dr. Seth Perlmutter & The Kips Bay Dental Team